Friday, July 17, 2015

It's my BIRTHDAY!!! +PRIZES+

It's my official birthday today!!! WoooohoooooOoo! I've got some big plans which include dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, followed by drinks at a new wine bar that just opened (they have wine DISPENSERS - like pop machines), followed by a late night comedy improv show. I'm ready to kick up my heels and have some fun!

Speaking of fun - look at this guy: 


I can't help BUT to laugh. hahaha - put googly eyes on anything and I'll be mesmerized into laughter for the next 3 hours. 

That bird represents one of the images on my birthday mood board: 



Bet you can't guess which image ;)  

But wait - "Mood board?" you say. YES! To celebrate my big day, I'm having a link up that will be open through the end of July. Just choose one of my favorite things to make a card - represented by my mood board. 


Let me break it on down for you. Here are a few 
of my favorite things:
>Purple and teal color combos
>Watercolor washes
>Fun, bright, eclectic clean and simple cards 
>Polka Dots
>PUNS!! :)
>Typography
>Distressed, vintage cards full of texture

...You can use one, two, all of these things... 
Whatever inspires you!

The card I made is a mashup of the bird (obviously) with a corny pun AND those adorable colorful dots.



 I used stamps from the STAMPlorations Party Time set to do a fun corner of swirly dots and topped it off with that REALLY old bird - I think he's a retired Stampin' Up bird, but I honestly couldn't say.

I repeated the swirly images with metal embellishments and a dry embossed panel. I used the sketch designed by my fellow googly eye-loving friend, Jessi Fogan, who designs for Tuesday Morning Sketches.  



I'm also going to link up to the following fun challenges:
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes
Virginia's View - 100% stamped

Ok - now to give YOU the details of how the Birthday Bash Linkup will work. I'm giving away ALL of these sets PLUS Shery from STAMPlorations is throwing in a $10 gift card, too! (Isn't she the very best!?!)


PRIZES!!!

PartyMates-web-preview  SheryRuss_PartyTime-web-preview PartyGirl-web-preview
stmp1031.jpeg stmp1057.jpeg stmp1055.jpeg

If you click on the image, it will take you to the STAMP shop to view these and other birthday-related sets. I want to spread the wealth around, so I will be doing a drawing for >>7<< different winners! Woohoo!

RULES:
>You MUST use an image from my mood board to inspire you
>You MUST display the mood board graphic in your post
>Although being a follower of my blog is not required, it would be a really AWESOME birthday present to me. :D
>You may enter as many projects as you like (cards, scrapbook, ATCs, Mixed Media projects)
>You MUST link back to this blog post
>Deadline to submit cards is July 31, 2015 at midnight CST

Link up your mood-board inspired cards here:


46 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Becca!! Sounds like you have great day planned. Cute card, that little bird is a hoot! Enjoy your laughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute card, Becca, and Happy Birthday to you. :-D Great take on that sketch. Thanks so much for honoring us by choosing to play in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Aud Sentiment this fortnight. Good luck and come play again.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Becca! Your little chick is darling, and your card design is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun! Have a great day, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Becca!!!! Have fun celebrating! Love your cute little chick card! I'll make a card to join into your celebration - such a fun mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Becca!! It sounds like you have a fabulous night planned. Have a great time celebrating. I love the cute little chick with the google eyes. So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Becca! What a fun card and that chick is adorable with the googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Becca! Hope your day is super fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becca sorry I've been missing this week: work overload i'm afraid. Happy Birthday, hope you have a fab day, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun - love your birthday chick! Happy, happy birthday to you and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Love the Goo-goo-googly eyes:) Very cute card and look at all who have joined in on the fun! Wishing you a great day and lots of fun tonight and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's a cutie and I LOVE all the fun swirls on your card. Precious!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope it's a great day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope your day is fantastic - your celebration tonight sounds wonderful - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say about the wine dispensers? Watch out!!! I went to a frozen Margarita place in New Orleans - POW - you do NOT want this to happen to you =] Happy birthday, Becca!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy, happy birthday my friend!! I hope your day is filled with much love and happiness!! Your card is so absolutely adorable!! That little googly eyed guy makes me smile!! Have a great time celebrating tonight!! Wine dispensers - wow, my kind of place!! Enjoy and HB2U!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Becca, have a wonderful day, evening and follow that with another 365 wonderful days until your next birthday. Love those googlie eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, girl. Enjoy every second of this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, girl. Enjoy every second of this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday your plans sound great - love the idea of a drink dispenser - remember there being a barrel one of red wine on holiday in Cyprus once and it was great. Great card too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments. Annie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, Becca! Thanks so much for reaching out to me on the ICAD group. You seem like such a fun, artistic, cool person. Hope your day is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy, happy birthday! Cha Cha Cha Hope you have a fabulous day! And evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card Becca, and hope you have had a super happy birthday. I would love to play, but I cannot craft left handed only :-(. At least I can type and visit you :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your celebration! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A Very Happy Birthday Becca !! Wishing you a fun day just like your cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. happy happy birthday Miss Becca. Have a totally awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Bithday. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh My GOSH! Lookee at the linkups already....hope you have a SMASHING birthday....not that you get smashed, mud, with those wine dispensers.Well, maybe a little - you're only young once, WINKS!........Hoping to join in....hoping to get the time....WANT to.....awesome stamp sets & I LOVE how you're 'sharing the love'....great idea:):)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday! Love your little chick with the googly eyes. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday Becca! sounds like your celebrating in a great fashion!! love your googly eyed chick!

    ReplyDelete
  30. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!!! BON ANNIVERSAIRE is how "we" say it in French ;o)
    Love your mood board, that's a great idea! I hope I can find some time to participate before i take off...
    I can't wait to hear about your evening out! Photos perhaps?
    Again, BEST WISHES to You and thank you for making me smile big time with that adorable and fun card of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday, Becca!!! What a fun evening you have planned - I hope you enjoy every minute of it!!! Love your celebration post too and I'm going to try to make a project to celebrate with you. Have fun!
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Birthday, I hope it was spectacular. Love the card, the googly eyes are a crack up, really made me smile and the card is pretty darn cool as well
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Belated Birthday, I hope it was fabulous. Your card is too cute, I love your adorable little bird and its fun eyes. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm sure you had a great birthday -- Happy again! Love the bird - he is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hope you had a fabulous birthday Becca, nothing wrong with celebrating for a week either, sounds like a great idea :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Liebe Becca (Dear Becca)
    Alles Gute zum Geburtstag (Happy Birthday To You)
    Hope you awere having a SPECIAL GREAT DAY
    I am sorry I am too late
    we were celebrate in the mosque the end of ramadhan (fasting month as Moslem) and I have no possibility to see my internet hehe we eat many lovely Indonesian Food In the Mosque..many Indonesian ladies..ooppss not my story...
    now about your card soo soo cuute that chick and nice using the sketch too lovely colors there too
    and promise I will join your Linky Party
    cause I like you as my NEW blogland friend and your encouragement always so meaningfull for me Becca
    big hugs and a card I will send you too offcourse.. :-)
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love that sweet little birdie with the googly eyes, Becca - he's just the cutest little thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy birthday Becca hope you had a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card - love the little birdie! Happy Birthday Becca! I hope you are having an awesome birthday week huni. I will be back with another creation soon Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Becca, that's such a fun lil' chick. Happy Birthday sweetie. Hope you have a super happy day. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy, Happy Birthday to BEAUTIFUL, BRILLIANT, Becca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So cute! Love the little goggly eyes on your bird too. Happy Birthday! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I was surfing on the internet and stumbled upon your blog. Your blog is like a wisp of fresh air. No doubt you are so talented and have an envious line of work, but the way you communicate through your blog is amazing. It is so lively. Without a doubt I am your follower from today :)...................And Wish you a very happy birthday and many more to come

    ReplyDelete
  44. I popped over to see that hilarious bird with the googley eyes! Loves it! How fun and silly. I laughed as well. Happy belated Birthday and I do hope you enjoyed the wine dispensers. So cool! My friend swears by em. Lol. Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  45. ok HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE? Using my sketch 'n everything? (shakes head). Puns, googly eyes, pure awesomesauce :)

    ReplyDelete