Friday, December 4, 2015

A Donut Wreath?! Yep. I Made That.

There I was, staring at a miasma of stamps, trying to get inspired. The fumes of glue and alcohol markers wafted up into my brain nostrils and rather than reaching for the traditional Christmas stamps, I saw some sketchy donuts and thought, "Yes, self. Let's make a wreath out of donuts."



Because, why not?

It's a brand new challenge up at STAMPlorations, and my idea really sprang from the sketch and the theme. 

http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/12/december-challenge.html#more

For some reason, I stared at the sketch and all I saw was a donut wreath. I really think that I'm going to blame nurture for a lot of my decision-making processes... It couldn't be ALLLLL nature. 

Anywho - I started stamping and masking. 

Stamp sets used: STAMPlorations Sugar Rush & Sketchy Coffee Cups

And then I masked and stamped and masked and stamped some more. 

I took my color scheme from the current ColourQ challenge:

http://colourq.blogspot.com/2015/12/colourq-challenge-319.html


I did lots of coloring with Spectrum Noir markers and added some depth to the background using the Mixed Media Elements stamp set.

Sentiment is made from SENTIMENT BUILDERS: Love and HOLIDAY SKETCHES: Candles


Voila! I made my own, very apropos sentiment by pairing words from a couple different STAMPlorations sets. And of course, I had to add some glittery "berries" to finish off the wreath look. :)

For the STAMPlorations challenge, you can choose to play along with either the theme OR the sketch OR both - so many choices! You're definitely going to want to stop by the STAMPlorations blog to see what the rest of the gals made and check out our superstar guest designer - Darnell Knauss!  

I also feel like throwing my design in the ring at the 
following challenges: 

Also, this feel like a momentous occasion because I get to enter the One Layer Christmas Card Challenge. I NEVER make things on just one layer, so this is cause for celebration and awe! :D They have an Anything Goes theme with the optional twist of a Snowman.

I pretty proud of my homely little card. It makes me giggle - how about you?

40 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! So funny and fun and cute!... and you're not even sorry...lol... priceless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright, fun, and actually hilarious! Oh my gosh, yesterday at work the youth leaders brought donuts, the pastor brought a cake, then next thing you know the children's workers said come get rice crispy treats and iced coffee. Of course, it was my obligation as a good employee to oblige in it all! YIKES! Needless to say, I skipped dinner. Ha ha ha ha! I'm gonna roll away with this wreath if you let go. OK, having too much fun with it, but was much needed. Great project and really super colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inventive Becca and it certainly brought a little smile to my face when I saw it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fun and I wish I had a real donut wreath!
    awesome masking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GENIUS! Love the way you think out of the box Becca!
    Your card is beautiful, well done and makes me smile big time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I just read that...and saw that? It is not just hilarious but also pure genius! I am sure everyone is gonna have a very sweet Christmas after seeing this card dear Becca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homely...what is homely about this work of art. First, I can't even figure out how you thought of it. Second, you executed your design perfectly and third, AWESOME coloring. It's innovative and sooooooo darn clever. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, how awesome is a donut wreath!! I want one for real!! This is amazing!! I love the design and the colors!! It looks yum-tastic!! You are so clever my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my - this is really so funny AND so very creative Becca! love the neon colors too!! have a great weekend and get away from those fumes please!!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brilliant and sooooo funny and clever! Adore this!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. There they are!! Love the neon frosting. This is the best wreath I've seen this side of the graveyard. Love em. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous one layer number Becca.....loving your thinking! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness it is brilliant. I would totally appreciate a donut wreath for Christmas! preferably an edible one... this card is very beautifully done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is so fun, Becca! I love it! Fab colours too! I hope my Caffeinated Christmas stamps arrive soon - I've already made a lot of my Coffee Blog Hop projects without it (insert sad face here) and I'm making a few more over the weekend. Mail to Canada takes way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I love the bright neony donut wreath, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'd love a wreath of donuts. :) you even make donuts beautiful. wonderful, fun, creative card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun idea Becca!! I know my hubby would enjoy a donut wreath!! Very cute, have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful and fun card...donuts and coffee go together so well...yumm!! Becca, thank you so much for your heart felt words on my blog earlier this week. I cannot tell you how much the love and prayers of my "friends in the computer" lifted me and made me stronger. Have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, wherever these ideas come from, not only are they sweet - but they're genius as well:):) Of course, the bright colours are almost edible....& go you getting to 'finally' go into the One Layer challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vibrant, bright and so deliciously fun, Becca ... your doughnut wreath with the sprinkling of sugar berries is just brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a clever idea! I never would've thought a donut wreath! Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So clever! Great card, Becca - outrageously brilliant, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A donut wreath with a coffee mug makes perfect sense to me! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Donut wreath... I want that LOL! Fabuloud work, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What can I say besides this looks absolutely delicious!!! I love your creative thinking and such a fun idea! ;) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha! Fantastic card! Love the colors and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for my Saturday morning "giggle out loud"....this is seriously beyond cute and whimsical! You rock donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I lovveeee your green donut (remmeber the one with MINT flavour hmm yummmyyy) and I want to have one pleaseee
    lovely color combo and you have a great idea using that sketch for me that sketch is difficult I dont know what I should put for the LINE there..flower and LINE ooh ooh I pass this sketch no idea Becca :(((
    Great post
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week, see you again maybe next week :)
    hugs,
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Wow, Oh Yum! I love donuts and coffee and your wreath is so much fun! Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  30. An inventive wreath card that Homer Simpson would drool over as well as one of my friends. I love the bright colours used which are different from the regular Christmas cards

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous... and very creative!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this Becca - and thanks for the smile :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fabulously unique card!! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a cute idea to make a donut wreath. I bet baker's across the world would giggle a little! If I had a donut wreath, it would probably be eaten by Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Becca, I love this! What a hilariously awesome idea! Executed perfectly too! So glad to see you over at OLCCC too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. FABULOUS! Who wouldn't love a donut wreath? I love that you combined a bit of elegance with a whole lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete