Thursday, August 3, 2017

Happy Birthday Interactive Card

I can't believe it's Thursday already! Where has the week gone?! I don't know what's going on with my crafty mojo lately, but all it's letting me do is create fairly clean-line cards. GASP!!!

wishing_you_happy_birthday_stamped_card

Luckily, I'm liking the end results, mostly. 

This latest creation is inspired by the new Fusion challenge - which went live TODAY!! 
If you haven't played along at Fusion before, well guess what?! How you want to play is in YOUR hands! You can choose either the inspiration image or the sketch... or you can mash 'em all together and use both! Boom! Choices! 
 
I loved that teal and pencil color combo, and broke out these adorable little library card holders from American Crafts that I've been hoarding since the dawn of time. 

eclectic_birthday_card_good_for_boys

I pulled out my big ol' box of embellies and just started miscellaneously sticking things wherever I wanted to. PLOP! Chipboard stars. PLOP! An arrow tag I purchased from the Target Dollar Spot. PLOP! Washi tape. 

Maybe I should have titled this post the PLOP card... 



My favorite thing is that this card is interactive. When you pull out the center panel, you can see the full sentiment, which is from the Verve Wishing You sentiment stamp set.



I also took my inspiration from Paper Play Sketches latest sketch.

Cheers! And I hope you all come play along with us at Fusion!

12 comments:

  1. Love the colour combination and the layout is fabulous...what a gorgeous and eye catching card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "plop" card is fabulous, Becca! So much interest and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are fabulous at combining so many elements and making it all work! I love all the details! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card, really artful and full of details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous, Becca. Love the library pocket and that cool arrow tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Layered to perfection Becca! Every element flows together beautifully. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful PLOP card.. I love that you can do that.. I need to practice this cause your card is awesome. Love the colors. So glad you shared over at Paper Play Sketches.

    Billie A
    Paper Play Sketches
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card and interesting layering.

    ReplyDelete